The auction is restricted to items relating to the aquarium hobby. The following rules are intended to provide safety and consistency in the handling of auction items. Any item not conforming to these guidelines may be rejected and returned to the seller or donor. The auction is restricted to items relating to the aquarium hobby. The following rules are intended to provide safety and consistency in the handling of auction items. Any item not conforming to these guidelines may be rejected and returned to the seller or donor.
Responsibilities of the seller:
- Auction limitation per seller is nine (9) non-donation items. BAP, HAP, IAP and donated items have no limit.
- Must wait until the end of auction before collecting any earnings from the auction.
- If you don’t collect your part of the share of non-donated item sales by end of the auction, the proceeds will be considered donated to GPAS. Exceptions include sending an email notice to GPAS by end of auction day or if otherwise confirmed with the treasurer.
- All non-donation items must be labeled with the seller number (membership number or visitor number) and item (or bag) number. Donated items do not need item number.
- Live plants and animals must also be labeled with quantity and common (if one exists) and Latin names (when known), and must be properly bagged:
- All bags should be fully filled with air to prevent inadvertent crushing or damage to contents ( 1⁄4 water to 3⁄4 air as a rule of thumb). The exception is with Kordon Breathing Bags(TM) which can be full of water.
- All fish and plants requiring submersion must be double-bagged with exception of Kordon Breathing Bags(TM).
- The bag should be appropriately sized for the contents, without overcrowding.
- Aggressive fish should be individually bagged.
- Any fish which cannot be safely bagged (i.e. too large or sharp-spined) should be put in a suitable alternative watertight container.
- No fish That are visibly or knowingly sick.
Auction proceeds will be split as follows:
- Members: 75% to the seller, 25% to GPAS
- Non-members: 100% to GPAS unless given permission by President or Treasurer prior to the auction.
Responsibilities of the buyer:
- Visitors that would like to bid – see treasurer for visitor number.
- Members that would like to bid – know your member number. If unsure, just ask treasurer or membership chair.
- Buyers must wait until the end of the auction to pay for winning bids.
(updated August 2019)